A Companion to Greek Democracy and the Roman Republic by Dean Hammer
By Dean Hammer
A better half to Greek Democracy and the Roman Republic bargains a comparative method of studying historic Greek and Roman participatory communities.
- Explores a variety of facets of participatory groups via pairs of chapters—one Greek, one Roman—to spotlight comparisons among cultures
- Examines the kinds of relationships that sustained participatory groups, the demanding situations they confronted, and the way they responded
- Sheds new gentle on participatory contexts utilizing varied methodological approaches
- Brings a world array of students into discussion with every one other
Read or Download A Companion to Greek Democracy and the Roman Republic (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) PDF
Similar practical politics books
This can be the 1st ebook within the English language to envision the tangled internet of relationships linking newspaper proprietors, editors and journalists, with major politicians and power-holders. Duncan McCargo has been granted targeted entry to the editorial conferences of Thailand's prime newspapers, and drawing in this, the e-book uncovers the contradictions and dichotomies which underlie political assurance within the Thai press.
American executive developed over the generations because the mid-nineteenth century. The altering personality of those associations is a severe a part of the background of the U.S.. This enticing survey makes a speciality of the evolution of public coverage and its courting to the constitutional and political constitution of presidency on the federal, kingdom, and native degrees.
This booklet reports the dynamics of political discourse in governance strategies. It demonstrates the method during which political discourses develop into normative mechanisms, first marking socially developed realities in politics, moment taking part in a job in delineating the next coverage frames, and 3rd influencing the general public sphere.
Following the preferred uprisings that swept around the Arab international starting in 2010, military remained pivotal actors in politics in the course of the sector. As demonstrators began to problem entrenched autocratic rulers in Tunis, Cairo, Sana'a, and Manama, the militaries stormed again into the limelight and mostly decided no matter if any given ruler survived the protests.
- Europa ja - aber welches?: Zur Verfassung der europäischen Demokratie (German Edition)
- Modern America and the Legacy of Founding
- Patronage as Politics in South Asia
Extra resources for A Companion to Greek Democracy and the Roman Republic (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World)